Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Derelict: Rewards and Stretch Goals
Bashar
 Posted: May 6 2013, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: SYSOP
Member No.: 1

Well I've launched the kickstarter campaign for Derelict: A Short Story. The response so far has been extraordinary. I didn't expect to be 20% funded not even two hours into the campaign. While I know that the pace of funding will taper dramatically by day three, the support I've received has already exceeded my expectations. I'm fairly confident that the target goal will be met. This means I have to start taking a serious look at stretch goals.

Whether or not you've chosen to back my project, your input is valuable. I'm trying to find what's really important to people in terms of what they would like to see. Do you want me to look into writing additional stores? Expanding on Derelict (which is possible, I did think up a way to continue the story a few extra chapters before its determined conclusion)? Focus on getting the story published on more mass market venues like Amazon.com?

I want to establish stretch goals that people will be excited about and hopefully encourage those who may have been sitting on the fence to throw in their support. I've established the start of the project, I'd like to have your input in seeing the direction it takes from here.

As for rewards, a friend of mine suggested that I offer to read fiction in the public domain, i.e. create audiobooks unrelated to Derelict or my campaign. I hadn't thought of this myself because I don't regard myself as that great a reader but I suppose some people like it. If you have any opinions to share on this or ideas for other rewards I can add, feel free to contribute them here.

PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll